A Decade of Growth
The theme over the past decade was growth. This expansion was accomplished by inserting myself into new situations and taking calculated risks where I had the ability to learn new skills, apply them in all facets in life and continue to make progress as a human being. My mentality was to grow comfortable with the uncomfortable.
- In less than 3 and a half years, I hosted, wrote and produced my own mid-day, afternoon and morning radio show program all by the age of 24 (This allowed me to adapt and jump headfirst into new roles. I vividly dreamed of this scenario since age 9)
- Provided voice-over work to national companies (This simply based on networking and impressing the right individuals. No matter where my life goes, my voice will be forever attached to many of these wonderful companies)
- Developed, wrote and produced three sponsored podcasts in the realm of MMA and Pro-Wrestling that garnered thousands of weekly listeners.
- Worked in the private education realm where I obtained an important role in Admissions (Again, this was based on impressing the right individuals along with never saying no to any initiatives presented to me)
- Helped grow a young start-up tech company by tackling a wide abundance of roles that eventually saw me become their product expert while overseeing training both internally and externally (Up until this point, it was arguably the most rewarding period of my career since I dedicated countless hours to readily develop my skills and absorb elaborate industry best practices)
- Spoke at several conferences throughout America where my sessions were not only advertised but well attended (Having just one person come to watch/hear you speak on a specific subject is remarkably humbling and motivating)
- Entered the marketing agency world and collaborated with several well known regional and national companies by providing strategy and managing campaigns from end to end (These stressful and chaotic situations reinforced my ability to become very resourceful while managing the greatest currency of all, time)
- Became the Corporate Trainer for the leading private provider of occupational health and safety training in Ontario (There’s nothing I love more than discovering the potential in people, teaching them to harness their talent while providing them with new knowledge, tools and guidance to further advance and gain confidence. Witnessing light bulbs go off is incredibly rewarding)
- More importantly, I married my supportive wife back in 2013 and we just introduced our beautiful son into the world towards the end of December 2019. Out of every journey listed above, his addition to the family is undoubtedly the most meaningful.
The narrative for the next decade doesn’t change. In fact, it will never change. The aim will forever concentrate on growth both professionally and personally, giving back and becoming comfortable with the uncomfortable. I cannot wait to revisit this entry 10 years from now to reflect on all of the new lessons that were absorbed and how this new insight was utilized.